+ 2019 Articles
- MiFID II
- Choosing an Ethernet Provider
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Kim Liwag, Partner Coordinator
- BLOG – Mistakes with IP addresses can have serious consequences
- 5 Considerations When ‘Moving to the Cloud’
- Meet the Partner Service Team – James Davis, Partner Team Leader
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Emiliano Repetto, Partner Account Manager
- Five considerations when upgrading to an IP phone system
- Who is big in the cloud?
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Tom McManus, Partner Account Manager
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Claudia Pielichaty, Partner Account Manager
- Five considerations when upgrading your internet connection
+ 2018 Articles
- The Dark Side of the Internet of Things
- Tis the season to get your PBX hacked. Get wise about preventing PBX fraud.
+ 2017 Articles
Meet the Partner Service Team – Tom McManus, Partner Account Manager
Tom McManus, our resident muso and technical guru, joined the Spitfire Midlands office over 2 years ago. In that time he has passed CCENT and is working towards CCNA, whilst making a real impact to the Partner Service.
How long have you worked at Spitfire?
I’ve worked at Spitfire for just over two years now. I studied Music Technology and gigged around Bristol for a couple of years before moving to Birmingham.
What do you enjoy most about working with Spitfire?
I really enjoy building my technical ability by obtaining industry recognised certifications such as Cisco CCENT and working towards obtaining my Cisco CCNA qualification. My goal is to ensure that every solution I design and provide to clients is suitable for their requirements and futureproof.
What’s the best thing about working with Spitfire Partners?
I get to speak to other technically-minded people all day, every day regarding a subject that I am interested in, providing knowledge and advice on the right solution for their customers. I even get invited to some of their internal training sessions where I am treated to a meal and a pint!
Working in such a fast moving, ever changing industry, what advice would you give your partners in the current environment?
Focus on providing a quality solution to provide stability to your clients. Although technology changes extremely fast, the fundamentals remain the same. Remember, faster isn’t always better, for example: Does your client really need 1Gbps to the ‘internet’ or would a dedicated 100Mbps into AWS be more suitable for their requirements?
After a busy day looking after our Partners, how do you unwind?
My true passion is music, in my spare time I play drums and have been in a number of bands throughout the Midlands, South Wales and Bristol. My favourite album is “Take to the Skies” by Enter Shikari. My evenings typically consist of spending time with my girlfriend, watching Netflix and playing video games; I am an avid fan of Fallout 4 and the Halo franchise. I am also currently in the process of buying a house, where hopefully there will be plenty of room for me to set up my drum kit.
Finally if you were asked to set up a new office for Spitfire’s Partner Service anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Cardiff. It is where I went to University and is a city that I have a lot of love for. I am also terrible with flying so if I can avoid getting on an aeroplane then that’s fantastic.