- Meet the team – Karl Moulton Key Account & Senior Business Development Manager
- A day in the life of… a Customer Account Manager – Suheil Harjani
- A day in the life of… a Senior Project Manager – Alex Poole
- A day in the life of… a Provisioning Coordinator – James Hall
- A day in the life of… a Graduate Engineering Account Manager – Aled Tomos
- Meet the team – Laura Hall, Provisioning & Billing Manager
- Meet the team – Gary Cooper, Sales Manager
- Meet the Team – Dan Chada, Customer Account Manager
- Meet the Team – Alice Van Cliff, Sales Administrator
- Working From Home Solutions – James Davis, Birmingham Sales Manager
- Spitfire Direct Routing For Microsoft Teams – Andy Duncan, IT Interface Manager
- WLR Switch Off: Don’t Wait Until 2025 – Peter Goddard, Birmingham Partner Manager
- 4 Tips from us to help you work from home effectively – Kim Liwag, Partner Co-ordinator
- Meet the Team – Nicol Kay, Project Management Team Manager
- The New World of Connectivity – Tom Bailey, Partner Services Team Leader
+ 2021 Articles
+ 2020 Articles
+ 2019 Articles
- MiFID II
- Choosing an Ethernet Provider
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Kim Liwag, Partner Coordinator
- BLOG – Mistakes with IP addresses can have serious consequences
- 5 Considerations When ‘Moving to the Cloud’
- Meet the Partner Service Team – James Davis, Partner Team Leader
- Five considerations when upgrading to an IP phone system
- Who is big in the cloud?
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Tom McManus, Partner Account Manager
- Five considerations when upgrading your internet connection
+ 2018 Articles
- The Dark Side of the Internet of Things
- Tis the season to get your PBX hacked. Get wise about preventing PBX fraud.
+ 2017 Articles
Spitfire Direct Routing For Microsoft Teams – Andy Duncan, IT Interface Manager
Take control of your voice quality and call charges with Spitfire’s award winning SIP Trunks while enjoying the feature benefits of the Microsoft Teams platform. By utilising Direct Routing for Microsoft Teams you can use Spitfire’s SIP Trunks with Microsoft Teams Phone System and benefit from both flexible call costs and enhanced call quality.
Direct Routing is a feature of Microsoft Teams that allows you to use non-Microsoft SIP trunks with Teams. To utilise Direct Routing you need your Microsoft Office 365subscription to include Teams and Phone System and you need to deploy a compatible Session Border Controller (SBC) to connect your choice of SIP Trunks.
Spitfire’s Direct Routing for Teams service enables Spitfire SIP Trunks with the SBC capability required by Teams.
Critically, we have deployed our SBC within our core network which enables the use of Media Bypass – a mechanism that allows your call media to route directly to the SBC and onto the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) without routing via the Teams service or, when connecting via a Spitfire circuit, the public internet. Only by using an on-net SBC can you ensure your voice media avoids the public internet and therefore voice quality can be managed.
Spitfire Direct Routing for Teams is enabled on each channel of your SIP Trunk. So simply choose the number of SIP channels you require. Unlike Microsoft’s own call packages you do not need to subscribe to a call bundle for each user and you don’t need to deploy and manage your own SBC.
Simple pricing, no ongoing technical management required, improved voice quality capability.