+ 2019 Articles
- MiFID II
- Choosing an Ethernet Provider
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Kim Liwag, Partner Coordinator
- BLOG – Mistakes with IP addresses can have serious consequences
- 5 Considerations When ‘Moving to the Cloud’
- Meet the Partner Service Team – James Davis, Partner Team Leader
- Five considerations when upgrading to an IP phone system
- Who is big in the cloud?
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Tom McManus, Partner Account Manager
- Five considerations when upgrading your internet connection
+ 2018 Articles
- The Dark Side of the Internet of Things
- Tis the season to get your PBX hacked. Get wise about preventing PBX fraud.
+ 2017 Articles
SIP Gateway from Spitfire upgrades ISDN PBX for SIP trunks
25 February 2019
Spitfire, the multi-award winning Internet telephony service provider and ISP, is now offering customers with conventional PBX phone systems SIP Gateway, a simple solution that converts an ISDN only PBX to interface with SIP trunks.
The announcement by BT Group stating that BT intends to migrate all customers onto the IP network by 2025 means that thousands of UK businesses with conventional PBX systems face the prospect of their phone systems becoming redundant. The SIP Gateway solution offered by Spitfire provides a simple and easy way to convert a conventional PBX system to interface with SIP trunks for VoIP telephony, future proofing customer investment in PBX hardware.
SIP Gateway is offered on a monthly rental basis and the cost savings possible from using SIP trunks, as opposed to ISDN circuits, should more than cover the rental for most businesses. The solution protects the customer’s investment in a PBX system while also providing all the additional benefits of SIP connectivity such as business continuity and remote working.
Switching to SIP trunks using SIP Gateway can produce significant cost savings. As an example, for eight channels of ISDN 2e savings range from 15 to 34 percent and for ISDN30 on 30 channels savings of between 35 to 58 percent are possible. Full pricing details are given on Spitfire’s website: www.spitfire.co.uk
For Spitfire Dominic Norton, Sales Director commented, “Having made a significant investment in ISDN phone systems, many of our customers are concerned about the planned withdrawal of ISDN services by Openreach. The SIP Gateway provides a neat and cost-effective solution which protects the customer’s investment while providing all the additional benefits of VoIP telephony using SIP trunks. SIP Gateway is simple to fit and works with practically all ISDN phone systems currently on the market.”