- How to choose a business broadband in a congested market, Ed Bamforth, Sales Manager
- A day in the life of … a Customer Account Manager – Suheil Harjani
- A day in the life of… a Senior Project Manager – Alex Poole
- A day in the life of… a Graduate Engineering Account Manager – Aled Tomos
- Meet the team – Laura Hall, Provisioning & Billing Manager
- Meet the team – Gary Cooper, Sales Manager
- Meet the Team – Dan Chada, Customer Account Manager
- Meet the Team – Alice Van Cliff, Sales Administrator
- Working From Home Solutions – James Davis, Birmingham Sales Manager
- Spitfire Direct Routing For Microsoft Teams – Andy Duncan, IT Interface Manager
- WLR Switch Off: Don’t Wait Until 2025 – Peter Goddard, Birmingham Partner Manager
- 4 Tips from us to help you work from home effectively – Kim Liwag, Partner Co-ordinator
- Meet the Team – Nicol Kay, Project Management Team Manager
- The New World of Connectivity – Partner Services
+ 2021 Articles
+ 2020 Articles
+ 2019 Articles
- MiFID II
- Choosing an Ethernet Provider
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Kim Liwag, Partner Coordinator
- BLOG – Mistakes with IP addresses can have serious consequences
- 5 Considerations When ‘Moving to the Cloud’
- Meet the Partner Service Team – James Davis, Partner Team Leader
- Five considerations when upgrading to an IP phone system
- Who is big in the cloud?
+ 2018 Articles
- The Dark Side of the Internet of Things
- Tis the season to get your PBX hacked. Get wise about preventing PBX fraud.
+ 2017 Articles
Meet the Partner Service Team – Tom Evans, Partner Account Manager
In the second ‘Meet the Partner Service Team’ blogs meet Tom Evans, a Partner Account Manager based in London. Tom’s been with Spitfire for two years now and has a wealth of knowledge about telecoms solution. He’s an avid film-watcher and plays for Spitfire’s football team ‘Back of the Ethernets.’
How long have you worked at Spitfire?
I’ve worked at Spitfire for just over two years now. I started as a Graduate Account Manager and was promoted to Partner Account Manager in April 2017.
What’s the best thing about being a Spitfire Partner?
It’s hard to give just one reason but if I had to, I think it’s having an assigned account manager that you can get hold of whenever you need some help. Our Partners have one point of contact – whether this is for an urgent quotation or to discuss a potential client or issue – and we really enjoy building up strong, long term relationships with them.
What does the future hold for Spitfire’s Partner Service?
The Partner Service Team is forever expanding and going from strength-to-strength. We recruit around six new graduates each year keeping the team young and fresh! With new products coming into the market such as FTTP & FTTC Ethernet, our Partners are able to offer their customers an ever expanding portfolio of products. Customers now have increased capability to move to Cloud services, applications and VoIP phone systems which means more opportunities to upsell and grow.
What industry changes do you see in the next 12 months?
With Fibre becoming readily available to more and more businesses, the demand on bandwidth is only going to increase and resilient options are going to become even more business critical. Spitfire is well equipped for all these changes with a variety of back-up options, a diverse range of wholesalers and continued development of our own network.
After a busy day looking after our Partners, how do you unwind?
The majority of my spare time revolves around sport, whether playing or watching and I’m a proud member of our Spitfire football team ‘Back of the Ethernets.’ I’m also an avid film watcher so quiet evenings are normally spent browsing Netflix or my ever growing DVD collection.
Finally if you were asked to set up a new office for Spitfire’s Partner Service anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Easy, New York! It’s the greatest city in the world and any opportunity to move there I would jump at in a heartbeat.