+ 2019 Articles
- MiFID II
- Choosing an Ethernet Provider
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Kim Liwag, Partner Coordinator
- BLOG – Mistakes with IP addresses can have serious consequences
- 5 Considerations When ‘Moving to the Cloud’
- Meet the Partner Service Team – James Davis, Partner Team Leader
- Five considerations when upgrading to an IP phone system
- Who is big in the cloud?
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Tom McManus, Partner Account Manager
- Five considerations when upgrading your internet connection
+ 2018 Articles
- The Dark Side of the Internet of Things
- Tis the season to get your PBX hacked. Get wise about preventing PBX fraud.
+ 2017 Articles
It is 50 years this week since Apollo 11 landed on the moon.
Neil Armstrong’s words as he stepped onto the moon for the first time are recorded as “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind”. However Armstrong maintains that he said “a man” but that the “a” got lost in the transmission back to earth. Indeed without the indefinite article the sentence makes little sense in the context of what had just taken place, he might just as well have said “one small step for all of us, one giant leap for all of us”.
Either the first man to step on the moon fluffed his carefully thought out words or a millisecond glitch in transmission altered what was heard back on earth and recorded for posterity.
All this goes to demonstrate the critical importance of voice quality in spoken communication, a slight glitch in transmission and some pretty important words can have their meaning changed.
At Spitfire we are passionate about voice quality because sometimes miscommunication can have serious consequences. We can’t do anything about latency, packet loss and jitter from the moon but here on earth we can provide an end to end voice solution with voice quality guarantees.