+ 2019 Articles
- MiFID II
- Choosing an Ethernet Provider
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Kim Liwag, Partner Coordinator
- BLOG – Mistakes with IP addresses can have serious consequences
- 5 Considerations When ‘Moving to the Cloud’
- Meet the Partner Service Team – James Davis, Partner Team Leader
- Five considerations when upgrading to an IP phone system
- Who is big in the cloud?
- Meet the Partner Service Team – Tom McManus, Partner Account Manager
- Five considerations when upgrading your internet connection
+ 2018 Articles
- The Dark Side of the Internet of Things
- Tis the season to get your PBX hacked. Get wise about preventing PBX fraud.
+ 2017 Articles
Meet the Partner Service Team – Kim Liwag, Partner Coordinator
In our next meet the team interview we meet Kim who is the Team Coordinator for the Spitfire Partner Team. Kim has a passion for tech and is a keen gamer, particularly ESport games. Read further to see how Kim unwinds after work and what quote inspired her from her school days.
- Tell us a bit about yourself?
I was born in the Philippines, went to nursery in Hong Kong then moved to London in 2004. I picked up English as my second language, Tagalog (Filipino) being the first.
In 2017 I graduated from Kingston University with a first in Business Management. I enjoy exploring new countries and learning about other cultures. I’m a travel bug who’s visited the beaches of Indonesia, tasted the famous chili crab of Singapore and hiked up the Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, Japan.
- What do you enjoy most about working with Spitfire?
I love the fact that I go to work every day knowing that I have something different to do. One day I could be editing a TechTalk video for our YouTube channel, the next day I could be arranging a Partner training session and the following day I might be designing a product brochure. There’s never a boring day working at Spitfire!
- What is your favourite quote and why?
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”– Steve Jobs (Stanford University Commencement Speech, 2005)
This quote was shown to me by my IT Teacher in A-level. Life isn’t about pleasing people, it’s not about getting gratification from others. It’s about accomplishing your own goals.
- After a busy day looking after the Partners Team, how do you unwind?
I’m naturally a competitive person so I unwind by playing one of the world’s most popular Esport game, League of Legends. I started playing the online game back in 2014 (season 4) and have loved it since. I also like listening to K-pop (Korean Pop) specifically BTS. They have dope choreography, aesthetically pleasing music videos and they incorporate a diverse range of genres which are mostly self-produced by the members.
- Finally if you were asked to set up a new office for Spitfire’s Partner Service anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Where else than the home of technology – Japan! The fast paced environment and the amazing food would be a perfect place for another Spitfire office. Plus they have bars and restaurant that are open for 24 hours – perfect for Spitfire Social events!